- Understand the role of POCUS
- Understand and apply basic physics principles in POCUS
- Select the correct transducer for intended application
- Understand the role of presets and knobology to optimize image quality
- Apply device and software-specific knowledge using provided equipment
There will be one assessment at the end of the module consisting of 17 multiple choice questions. A minimum grade of 80% is required to pass the quiz, and to progress to the next module. A time limit of up to 30 minutes will be given to complete the quiz, and up to 3 attempts will be given to achieve the 80% minimum grade. You will be given access to the correct answer after each question.
The goal of these modules is to provide accelerated e-learning of point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) with clinically relevant use during the COVID-19 pandemic.
POCUS is highly operator-dependent. Know your limitations. It is your own responsibility to use this tool safely, following appropriate cleaning and disinfection protocols.
The following symbols are used throughout the module.
An external document that will open in a separate tab
A definition of an important term
A helpful practice tip
Access more information
Click to watch video
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 15
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self